CCR&Rs help parents find child care...
Choosing child care is one of the most important decisions families make, but all too often they must rely on word-of-mouth. Local Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) organizations help parents take the guesswork out of choosing care by providing:
• referrals to local child care providers
• information on state licensing requirements
• information on availability of child care subsidies
CCR&Rs provide guidance by phone, in person, and in other ways, such as the internet, that are tailored to each individual family.
CCR&Rs support families to raise healthy children by...
• talking with parents one-on-one
• understanding the delicate balance of family life, particularly for low-income families
• understanding that finding high-quality child care is just a first step to raising happy, healthy children
• by offering workshops, hot lines, and newsletters
• reaching out to parents with trusted, local information that enables them to make informed choices
Click the statement below to learn more about each topic
- children with special needs
- children with challenging behaviors
- infants and toddlers
- school age children
- preventing childhood obesity
- safe sleeping practices for infants
- detecting and preventing child abuse and neglect