IACCRR initiatives in early care and education in Indiana provide the tools, resources and leadership to strengthen the standards and the quality of services provided through nine (9) local child care resource and referral agencies.
Serving Families, Providers and Communities
- Families can find information about the different types of child care available that would meet their specific needs, access information about the characteristics of a quality child care program and receive information about their community resources.
- Child Care Providers can receive professional development in early care and education, assistance with starting the business of a family child care home, training on Indiana state licensing requirements, and recommendations for operating a quality child care program.
- Community members and organizations can access information about the supply and demand for child care, including information on types of programs available, types of programs parents are asking for and the gaps between the two.
- Orientation Training
- Paths to QUALITY™
- Indiana Partnerships for Inclusive Child Care
- Better Baby Care Indiana
- Hispanic/ Latino Outreach
- Indiana Work Life
Indiana’s child care resource and referral agencies provide services to families, child care providers, and communities in these ways:
Through its member local child care resource and referral agencies, IACCRR reaches every community in Indiana and coordinates early care and education initiatives, including:
Orientation Training for Family Child Care Homes
Indiana legislation and regulation mandates that a person seeking a state license to operate a child care home be required to attend Orientation Training. The training focuses on the components of the business of child care in addition to required regulations. Our training is effective and sets consistent standards across the state.
Paths to QUALITY™
Indiana has implemented a voluntary Quality Rating System in which all regulated child care providers have the opportunity to participate known as “Paths to QUALITY”. The standards for Paths to QUALITY are consistent but tailored for family child care homes and for licensed centers and unlicensed registered ministries. Paths to QUALITY is a system where each level builds on the foundation of the previous one, resulting in significant quality improvements at each stage and resulting in national accreditation at the highest level.
Indiana Partnership for Inclusive Child Care
This important project serves to educate, support and empower communities, families and child care providers to increase the availability of and access to developmentally appropriate, healthy and safe child care for all children. The primary focus of the project is to provide quality child care environments and parental support for families of children with special needs.
Better Baby Care Indiana
Working in collaboration with existing national, state and local organizations, the campaign focuses attention on the issues to improve the policies that govern the quality of care for infants and toddlers. The primary focus of this campaign is parent education, family support, and child care provider training that supports healthy, safe and developmentally appropriate care for infants and toddlers.
Hispanic/ Latino Outreach Services
Responding to Indiana’s changing demographics, the purpose of this project is to provide Spanish-speaking parents with child care referral services in their first language. Spanish-speaking child care providers receive Orientation Training and consultations in their native language. Services include referral to other resources and community supports for Spanish-speaking families.
Indiana Work Life
An economic development project to stimulate employer’s interest and investment in child care, Indiana Work Life helps to facilitate innovative work/ life solutions that maximize employer return on investment and strengthen employee commitment to work and family. Our model provides important incentives for business and helps foster partnerships between businesses and their employees.